The achievement system is now common to all the game nowadays.You can see them in every genres game, on every platform in short achievements are everywhere.Getting achievement are pride moment for players.Players know that they did something that they get rewarded as an achievement.
Achievements are the way to show off something player did in the game.Here’s we gonna discuss how achievements are changes the way of playing a game and how could we include an easy and event-based system that helps a developer to integrate quickly and attract the player to show off their progress very impressively.
- How to integrate event-based system?
Unity asset store has a good asset that you can start up with the integration.Download the achievement pro system from the asset store.It is quite good and event-based system that faster your integration.
In this system, you can categorize your achievements based on your need and set up event directly in the editor.After downloading the asset, follow the instruction below.
- Import downloaded unity package into unity.
- Drag and Drop AYAchievementsManager from Achievement/Prefabs into your scene.
- Select AYAchievementsManager in your scene and see an inspector.
- Make a category and named it.
- Register an event for category revealed and unlocked achievements.
- Make achievements in your category.
- Register events for achievements.
- Report achievements alone or whole category by calling a method in AYAchievementsManager script.
- Open Demo1.scene for more details.
It might painful for developer and tester to reset each and every AYachievement every time.This package includes the RESET SYSTEM which speeds up your testing.You can reset one by one achievement or you can reset the whole category just by clicking the buttons from the inspector.Yes….you can reset everything in seconds.
One more thing you will not worry about is saving the progress because this system includes the autosave and load techniques.This will load progress data automatically from where it’s saved.
You can also find a tutorial on youtube.
Get some more Helpful tutorials: